Light soup is a Ghanaian soup that can be used to eat various foods including Fufu, rice, kokonte, among others. It is very simple to cook and also has various recipes. But, here’s the recipe for light soup prepared the Ghanaian way.
Ingredients to use:
- Onions, ginger, garlic, tomatoes
- Meat seasoning
- Garden eggs, Turkey berries (Kwahu nsusua)
- Wash, boil and blend garden eggs, turkey berries, 1 onion bulb, green pepper, and tomatoes in a separate saucepan. Amount to use will depend on the amount of light soup to be prepared.
- Blend garlic and ginger
- Cut meat to desired sizes and wash thoroughly.
- Put cut and washed meat into a saucepan.
- Pour seasoning onto the meat, add diced onions, blended garlic and ginger, and salt and steam for about 5-10 minutes. Stir intermittently.
- Add about 2-3 cups of water and allow the meat to cook a little longer.
- Sieve blended garden eggs, turkey berries, onion and green pepper into the mixture and bring to boil.
- After 10-15 minutes, add tomato paste and allow to boil for about 10 more minutes.
- Add salt to taste. Your light soup will be ready in a few minutes.
#prepare #light #soup #Ghanaian