According to the Commission, the list which is over 32,000 will be published on Monday, November 23.
This was revealed by the EC Chairperson, Mrs. Jean Mensa in Accra.
“The law requires us to publish this list but in the interest of transparency, the Commission will be publishing this list on the website on Monday, the 30,000 persons made up of the exemptions and multiples list,” Mrs Mensa told the Council of State on Friday, November 20 when she met members to brief them on her outfit’s preparedness for the December 7 polls.
“We intend to publish this on the website.”
Already, about 51 of these persons have challenged the Commission in court and successfully had their names restored onto the register.
Approximately, 18,619 are on the multiples list while 14,002 are on the exceptions list, making a total of 32,621.
These persons are said to have engaged in multiple registrations or committed some breaches as regards the new registration conducted earlier this year as per CI 126.
Additionally, the EC has said that it 90 percent ready for the December 7 polls.
Jean Adukwei Mensa, EC boss
Director of the electoral services Siriboe Quarcoe told local media that the commission has met various political parties at an inter-party advisory committee meeting to demonstrate the EC’s preparedness for the upcoming general election.
“They were satisfied with the processes that we have put in place to conduct the polls. We demonstrated the way the biometric verification device works, and they all accepted it and commended the EC for a good job,” he said.
In all, 12 candidates, have been approved by the EC to contest in the presidential election. Political analysts said that the presidential contest will mainly run between incumbent President and New Patriotic Party candidate Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo and former President and National Democratic Congress’ John Dramani Mahama.
#Election #publish #deleted #names #Monday #ARTICLE